This is my Nanay, my daughter Dindin, and myself. Three generations of girls in the family. She is quite young because she got married at 17 and had me when she was 18. Those were the times when women marry early. My Nanay may not be a perfect person, but she has loved us in the best way that she knows how, trying to avoid the things that in her past had hurt her, so as to protect and care for my brother and me. She is a very good cook and I have taken up after her. She has not learned culinary arts but she studies consistently in order to prepare the tastiest dishes for us and for her friends.
My mother is having a tough time now because of menopausal symptoms. We just continue to pray for her that she can handle the symptoms without much stress but with a lot of grace in her life. I love you, Nanay. I may not always say this, but I do…very much. My only problem now is, my Nanay is much slimmer than me! buhuhuhu
Started by Dindin’s Mama.
Tributes to other Moms in the world. Happy Mother’s Day!
1. Mel Cole – Remembering Mama Contest
2. May Castro – Brave Soul
3. Jes Lising – Mama
4. Domestic Cherry – The Unconventional Mother
5. Didi – A Pretty Different Mommy
6. Raya – All For Love
7. Tejan – A Loving Mama
8. Pibyang – Unending Story Of Heart Aches and Happiness
9. Rossel – An Extra Ordinary Woman
10. Cielo of Brown Pinay – An Anecdote for my Mom
11. Mars @ the Food Encounters – My True Inspiration
12. Joanne – A Mother Like No Other
13. Joy – Mother’s Daughter
14. Jared’s Mum – if I could, i’d give her flowers…
15. Amiel – A Tribute to Mama
16. Shengkay – I See the World Because of You
17. Nicquee – Our Mama
THIS CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED. 😀 Thank you all for joining. Winners will be announced maybe earlier than Mother’s Day.