Nanay. Mama. Mommy. Mamita. Mamu.
Whatever we call them, we all have mothers to remember. And this Mother’s Day 2011, I would like to celebrate the day with a special contest. This is not something really grand, as this is really more of a tribute to our Moms than a mere contest. But the best entries will be rewarded.
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.” — Exodus 20:12
Here are the very simple guidelines:
1. In a blog entry, post a photo of your mom (either a solo picture, with you, with your siblings, or with your family). This is open to everyone for I know that we all have moms, biological or adoptive.
2. Write a short caption for it, at least 100 words, which will be your tribute to your Mom.
3. At the end of your short story, put the words: Started by Dindin’s Mama.
4. Link up “Dindin’s Mama” to http://www.lovinglymama.info
5. Leave a comment on this post containing the URL of your Mama Tribute.
6. Deadline for submission of entries is Wednesday, May 3, 2011.
7. Winners will be announced on Mother’s Day, May 8, 2011.
Prizes and Benefits:
1. The top three most compelling stories will each receive $5 that will be paid via Paypal.
2. These three winners will also be featured individually in my blog, Posh Post Reviews, at different dates, with two (2) links to your winning blog. Posh Post Reviews has PR2.
3. All the entries will be raffled and one lucky blogger will win another $5. You can both be a winner with the most compelling story as still have a chance to win in the raffle.
4. What’s more? Your entry will be listed as a qualified entry in my own tribute to my Nanay found here with a link to your site.
So that’s it everybody. These are my simple rules and prizes. I do hope you will find the time to make a loving tribute to your own mothers.